Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Missing My Calendar

The paper calendar I used to carry around ended with 2009, and I have yet to replace it. For a few weeks it was no big deal, but now that we're in the meat of the semester I have a lot of appointments and deadlines to keep up with. Back at the beginning of my 1L year I tried using a web-based calendar for a while, but I found that it was much faster and easier to deal with good old fashioned pen and paper. Even so, before I buy a new calendar I may try to master the calendar function on my cell phone. Maybe it can marry the immediacy of paper with the flexibility of digital information. Let me make it clear that I pack a four-year-old clamshell phone that was designed for talking on, not a pocket-clogging smartphone of the type that most of my classmates carry.

While I'm on the subject, I'll offer this observation: classrooms are like movie theaters. No matter how many times you warn people to turn off their phones, someone's is going to ring at the worst possible time.

No comments: