Friday, August 6, 2010

Clearing the Bookshelves

I sold a half-dozen textbooks this week--five to classmates and one on eBay. Like any textbooks, law books date quickly, so I was relieved to be able to unload a few before new editions made them obsolete. The student email listserv is positively alive with textbook trafficking at this time of year. When I posted my books for sale, I got my first response in four minutes.

I still have about ten books that I've been holding on to, waiting for a professor to assign them. Now that I've had some success with eBay, I may give up on the local market and see if the Internet wants to buy them.

If you're wondering why I don't save my books to review for the bar exam, no one does that, at least no one I know. Thousand-page textbooks are just unsuited to the kind of cramming that precedes the bar exam. There are purpose-built books for that, and I'll shop for them when the time comes.

No comments: