Sunday, November 22, 2009

Moot Court Weekend

It was all moot court, all the time this weekend. On Friday, I was a judge at an undergraduate moot court tournament hosted by the school. On Saturday and Sunday, I competed with my moot court classmates in our own tournament. My partner and I were knocked out in the second round (meaning that we had to argue our case three times, because the first round consisted of two arguments: one from each side of the issue). I was not sorry to be knocked out early. The tournament won't affect my grade and, while the class was fun, public speaking is extremely stressful for me.
Incidentally, the issue I was arguing was whether the Sixth Amendment requires a criminal case to be retried if the defendant's court-appointed attorney falls asleep for a few minutes during the trial.

No comments: