Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Scheduled for Spring

Registration for Spring classes is underway. From here on out there are almost no required courses. Unfortunately, I found the electives on offer less than inspiring. I signed up for Sales and Business Associations because both topics are tested on the bar exam, but I expect them to be as dull as the daytime Emmys. I registered for Advanced Civil Procedure just because it fit a hole in my schedule and I like the professor who teaches it. That course is all about class actions, which is an extremely specialized area of practice that I'll probably never experience. The one class I'm kind of looking forward to is International Criminal Law. The name of that course has such a James Bond quality to it, I don't see how it can be boring. Rounding out my schedule is the one required course: Lawyering Skills II. LSII is nothing but a semester-long mock trial, from the initial client interview to final judgment.

No comments: