Sunday, March 4, 2012

A New Uniform

I had to spend about $200 of my first paycheck on clothes. I bought two suits back when I was a 1L; other than that, I hadn't made a substantial clothing purchase in about four years. How could I? Until I had a steady job, I didn't know what kind of clothes I needed.

At my current job, I am expected to wear dress clothes, but not suits. That is a challenge. I spent about a month scouring Goodwill for sport coats and the internet for tailored trousers (no one--but no one--sells my pants size off the rack). In the end, I think I did pretty well. As long as my lawyer lifestyle doesn't make me fat, I should be set for work clothes for a year or more.

Once I've built up my savings a bit, maybe I'll indulge in a few high-end garments. Until then, I'm the attorney in the used jacket and discount pants.

1 comment:

fred said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.