Thursday, October 2, 2008

Contracts

Contracts class runs for ninety minutes on Monday and Wednesday afternoons. If you've been reading this blog, you know that a couple of weeks ago I called shenanigans on the whole field of contract law. My attitude hasn't changed. More and more, it looks suspiciously like judges decide who they think deserves to win, then devise some cockamamie theory to justify that outcome.
The class isn't much fun, either. The contracts professor is the one that most reminds me of the infamous Kingsfield in The Paper Chase. She's imperious and tends to make students look dumb. I'm sure that to some extent I'm letting my attitude toward the material affect my disposition toward the professor. She's a favorite among the upperclassmen, so she can't be as bad as all that. Even so, if I could wipe one class off my schedule, this would be it.

No comments: