Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Property

Property meets for ninety minutes on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. It's my favorite class, as far as subject matter goes. The minutiae of inheritance, eminent domain and water rights are a pain to learn, but they're all very necessary and interesting.
I mentioned that the contracts professor, whom I liken to John Houseman in The Paper Chase, is a favorite among the upperclassmen. It was the property professor that the upperclass students all warned us about. Again, it's probably because I like the material, but I don't find her all that intimidating. She's very serious in class, but not aggressive.
Property is the one class that has stuck relentlessly to the syllabus. We've covered so much material that the final exam is already a horrifying prospect. I am told that property law is tested heavily on the bar exam, so I suppose it will all be worth it in the end.

No comments: