Saturday, September 19, 2009

Celebrate Small Milestones

I just emailed a finished draft of my Moot Court brief to my writing partner. This thing has been a giant time suck for the last week and a half. It's nice to feel like I can finally devote some time to all my other reading and writing assignments.

It occurs to me that I haven't said anything about this Moot Court class, so here's a quick rundown: The school sends three-person teams around the country to compete with other law schools in written and oral argument. The farm system for those teams is an elective class in which we write an appellate brief and practice oral arguments before panels of mock judges (some of whom are real judges). All of the writing and arguing centers on one mock case and is done with a randomly assigned partner. I lucked out and was assigned to a partner whom I already know a little and whose skills I respect--not that there are any bad writers in a group of people who signed up for a class like this.

No comments: