Monday, July 25, 2011

Bar Prep Summary

I had eight weeks to prepare for the bar exam. I did not take a commercial prep course. This is what I did instead:
  • Reviewed 570 pages of commercial outlines (about 70% BarBri and 30% Emanuel, just because that was what I could get free or cheap; I preferred BarBri's outlines)
  • Answered 1,028 multiple choice questions (735, or 71%, correctly)
  • Wrote 42 practice essays (15,600 words total)
  • Wrote 5 practice performance tests (3,900 words total)
  • Invested 180-200 hours altogether
By most standards this is lax preparation, but I feel like it should be enough. I broke my back to get good grades for the last three years, so I shouldn't have to cram here at the end. My practice work adds up to roughly five bar exams. Number six will count.

No comments: