Monday, July 4, 2011

Performance Preparation

The "performance" part of the bar exam consists of ten or fifteen pages of cases, statutes, depositions, evidence, or what-have-you and instructions to draft a document using them. It isn't really possible to study for a test that supplies all the applicable law, but I gave it a go. I took four mock exams over two days. The documents called for in my practice tests were a closing argument, a brief, a memo, and a demand letter. I did well at assignments like this in school, but mostly because I spent a lot of time on them. The documents I put together in ninety minutes looked rather incomplete. Hopefully that is what the graders will be expecting. At any rate, now that I have a feel for what the test is like, I'm setting it aside. The rest of my study time is going to be devoted to getting my multiple choice scores up.

No comments: