Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bar Review as Math Problem

I've answered 528 practice multiple choice questions to date, and I just can't seem to get my average past 66%. That means I've put down more than 150 wrong answers so far.

I decided to mine that data by putting it in a spreadsheet. I made a list of every rule of law I got wrong, sortable by subject. It took six or eight hours to type it all up, but I am happy with the results. I came up with seventeen legal principles that I botched at least twice. Six of those got me three or more times. Altogether, these repeat offenders accounted for forty-four of my wrong answers, or more than a quarter of the total.

Now my path is clear: if I can master these seventeen rules--no more than a few pages of notes, really--I should see a marked improvement in my multiple choice scores. That's the theory, anyway.

No comments: