Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Business Associations Exam

The Business Associations exam was a week ago, but I've been hanging on to this post because there was a late make-up exam date and I didn't want to inadvertently tip my classmates to the exam's contents. Here's the low-down:

My grade on the Business Associations final will make or break my semester. It was the only four credit-hour class on my schedule, making it 25% of this semester's grades. I went into the exam in pretty bad shape. I was under the weather all weekend, so I lost a lot of valuable study time to NyQuil-induced naps. Fortunately, the professor went much easier on us than she might have. The bulk of the exam was short-answer questions that anyone who paid attention in class should have been able to answer.

The bad news with an exam like this is that the questions that were easy for me were probably easy for everyone. The professor can't give everyone As (that's just not the law school way), so the difference between an A and a C will probably come down to marginal differences in our responses to the essay questions. Did I remember only five factors of what was supposed to be a six-factor test? Did I forget to mention that Delaware courts apply some variation on the general rule? That kind of stuff could kill me.

One unusual aspect of this test that is worth mentioning: it was not timed. The exam started at 9:00 AM and ended when the last person left. We've all had the awful experience of remembering some key fact (that sixth factor, say) on the drive home from an exam, so it is hard to walk away from an untimed test. I stayed for four hours, and there were at least a dozen people still at work when I left.

No comments: