Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Saved By Classroom Technology

I've decided to stick with my undesireable seat (front row, extreme stage left) for every class. In time, I think I can learn to love it. For one thing, it affords a stellar view of the projector screen. I was worried about my view of the white board, but it turns out there is a camera trained on the board so that it can be projected on the screen right in front of my seat. Apart from the view, I may realize some benefits from being at the edge of the professor's peripheral vision - out of sight, out of mind, you know. Finally, I am grateful to be on an aisle and near the door. Students tote a lot of baggage into the classroom these days, and it's nice to not be trapped in the middle of the row while everyone packs up. Yes, things are looking pretty good on the seating front, or I've convinced myself that they are, which is pretty much the same thing.

No comments: