Monday, August 25, 2008

Seating Chart Disaster!

Since law classes involve a lot of interaction between the professor and students, professors customarily assign seats. Knowing this, more or less everyone showed up very early for Torts this morning. I managed to score a pretty good seat in the middle of the room, only to have the professor tell us that seat assignments will be fixed the next time class meets. Fast forward to Contracts a few hours later, and I stroll into the lecture hall five or ten minutes before class. Eighty per cent of the students have stuck with the same seat they occupied for Torts, but my premium seat has been taken. In this class, of course, seats are assigned immediately. For the next three months I'm trapped at the far end of the front row as shown above. The white board is not even visible from my seat.
Now I am faced with a dilemma: I have four more classes in that room. Do I stick with this awkward seat for every class, or saddle myself with remembering a different seat for each class? Truly, law school tests one's judgment at every turn.

No comments: