Sunday, August 17, 2008

Why I'm Overconfident

Orientation officially begins tomorrow afternoon, so it's a good time for some positive self-speech. Here are the reasons I expect to excel at law school: 1) I did pretty well on the LSAT. I hear that LSAT scores are actually a poor predictor of future grades, but at least my scores show that I am capable of the work. 2) I've met a lot of lawyers, and they're just regular people. Obviously plenty of people graduate from law school who are no more smart or hard-working than I am. And most importantly, 3) I'm 35 years old. I've had a lot of jobs in the last twenty years, and student was by far the easiest. Law school can be twice as much work as undergraduate school and still be the easiest thing I've done in years. I'm a better reader, deeper thinker and much harder worker than I was at 22. In the words of George W. Bush, "Bring it on."

No comments: